11.19.2011

Ox.

 

Elder Joseph Bryant Oxborrow.
My best friend.
I miss you.

I got a letter today. It has been a month since my last letter from my dear friend... it would be an understatement to say that his letters bring the ultimate joy and happiness to my life. Whaaaaaa. I am so proud of him and his decision to go on a mission. It couldn't have been easy... I often say I wish he were here so we could talk on the phone or go rock climbing or make some awesome food together. But I know that he needs to be in South Dakota (and hopefully Brazil). I know that a mission is the best place for him... no matter how much fun we would be having here in Rexburg. I am grateful for his example. I treasure our friendship and "brotherhood". He was there for me from the beginning, from the time that I was sad because my family was moving to Pittsburgh to when there was "elephant drama" in my apartment. He has his obsessions: his last name, not getting fat, exercising, birds, outdoor activities, cooking, etc. He is turning into a good man who honors his duties and covenants. I love him.




"I hope you continue trying to feel the Spirit. More and more I realize how important it is to do things that invite the Spirit and NOT do things which push it away. There's a lot of interesting things I've been learning out here. There is still much to learn though."-letter 11/19/11

1 comment: