11.10.2011

a new beginning.

This is going to be a journal. An archive. I have thoughts, memories, and ideas that probably don't merit being shared or documented... oh well.

Today I want to talk about family.

I love  my family. I love being able to call up my mom and know that what I have to say, although it may be nonsense, she will listen with sincere interest. I love how we are constantly quoting movies, belting out songs, laughing hysterically, getting giddy, reminiscing memories based on the pictures that come up as our computer background, dancing around the living room, cooking together, creating and upholding traditions, working together.... {we have a lot of time on our hands}. I love that we are united. Eternally. I love that we can connect emotionally and spiritually. I love that we make up words and names for each other. I love that I can snafousel {sna-foo-sle} my dad.... for just about anything. I love being the middle child:

I love my older sister. She works so hard and accomplishes so much! She is an example to me of how to endure, overcome, and ultimately succeed. She has shown me everything. {Even if I learned how to ride a bike and do the monkey bars first.} She has set the way and saved me from making certain mistakes. She is so beautiful and she knows it {reflective surface?}. She has a way of making people feel welcome and knows exactly what to say in every situation. I love her.

I love my little sister. It is such a blessing to be her path maker, her guide, her friend. I love her for you pazazz, her creativity, and her imagination. She is 10 going on 23, which makes all the more fun! I respect her for her trials and disappointments. I can't imagine how hard it is for her to be the last... but she handles it with such grace. She is gorgeous and getting prettier everyday. Our "giddy" moments will forever be my favorite moments... of life. She is so friendly, she makes everyone her friend. She is so smart. She excels in all that she puts her mind to and is always at the top. She likes to try things, explore, discover. She is my little haha-lalala. I love her.

 My parents have been married for 25 years. "It's felt like 2 minutes.... under water." {oh mom.} I admire them so much. In my Family Foundations class, we discuss a lot of the issues that can hurt and ruin a marriage. My parents have stuck it out and I admire them for that. I have seen how much they love each other through service, communication, cooperation, support, work, compromise, and creating an eternal family. I am grateful for their worthiness and their willingness to sacrifice for the good of us {thems kids}. They are everything to me and I hope one day to have my own, successful marriage.

Family is eternal. It is through family that we find true happiness.

I love you guys.
{sorry for leaving you out mom.}

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, and Happy Mother's Day to me! This is the best present I could get.

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... thanks for coming Emma. Thanks for being mine! Thanks for taking on the big job of being the baby, middle, big sister. It's a big calling, and you do it so well.

    Love. Love. Love.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete